Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Recipe Korner: Bruschetta


  Bruschetta
  • Ripe tomatoes
  • Home made sourdough bread
  • Garlic Clove minced
  • 1-2 T capers
  • 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
  • A few oregano leaves
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • Drop of vinegar
  • 1/4 cup of Small pieces of goat cheese
Boil the tomatoes. Then put them under the broiler coating them with olive oil and garlic.. let them brown a little. Then toss with 1/2 the rest of the ingredients and broil again for a very few min. Let cool and then toss with the remaining 1/2 of fresh uncooked ingredients. Spread on baked "toast" size slices of bread.
****My note: I would most likely skip the capers...mostly because I don't think I know what they are?? But I saw a gal making something similar to this on the movie "Julia, Julia" and it looked awesome yummy!! I don't think she boiled the tomatoes but just heated them in a skillet...maybe did her browning there? I am so gonna make this...OH, and not too sure about the vinegar. Maybe just taste it on a tiny bit to be sure it doesn't take away from the tomatoes;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...