Monday, January 3, 2011

Holy days or Holidays?





Here is a post from a blog that I like quite a lot "Our whole hearted Family Blog."   I can relate to this latest entry that she has written. Here it is for you to read also. Thanks for reading...here is her post:

David and I have been seeking truth for about 4 years now. This is our 3rd year that we have not put up a tree or celebrated xmas and our first year we are not celebrating in some form or fashion because we were led to completely cut that cord and opt out totally. This is also the first year we have been faced with blasting arrows of pure vile from loved ones.

It hurts.
All we desire is to live and walk in truth and obedience. To my horror we are a minority that doesn’t think ignorance is bliss. It stinks that we inherited lies but we did and what we choose to do with that knowledge once it is revealed is different for each of us. For our family, we decided to study and learn about the historical backgrounds of the celebrations we keep because they are found nowhere in the Scriptures. Instead we find the Biblical feasts and so we want to learn and keep those times out of love and obedience.
I continue to hear “that’s not what it means to me” or “this is about family” but the bottom line is we are going to choose to do it HIS way or OUR way. We will choose to make new memories and teach our children to walk in truth which leads to life. We will choose YHWH over man made traditions because we love Him with all of our hearts and desire to be a pleasing aroma in his nostrils.
This is not easy. Going against what we have always known and not going with the flow is hard. Change is hard and no one truly likes it but as we seek out a lifestyle of obedience our hearts are changed and the blessings of peace and understanding come.
I am so thankful for those that are on this path that encourage me and my family. I know we are not alone. I know that as I share truth lives are changed. I never force our beliefs or point my finger out of “self righteousness” and I will continue to speak and share truth knowing it is all for His glory!
My prayer is that my heart will remain pliable and that I will continue to walk humbly before my Elohim forgiving and loving those that persecute me and spew vile and hurtful words out of ignorance. I pray for their salvation because the love of the Father is not in anyone with that much hate.
How blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to them! Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, lie, and say all kinds of evil things about you because of me.” Matthew 5:10-11
“For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A person’s enemies will include members of his own family.” Matthew 10:35-36
Here's a list of a few sites that have blessed me lately, I hope you enjoy them also:
Why I do not celebrate Christmas
Rethinking Christmas
The days of Eli
Peace on Earth
‘Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and YHWH has remembered her iniquities’” (Revelation 18:4,5).
“Do not learn the way of the heathens and how they worship their gods and say you are doing it for me. It is an abomination.” (Jeremiah 10:2)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...