Sunday, August 29, 2010

Corey and Megan's wedding day









Well, Aug. 28,2010 has finally come and gone. Corey and Megan's wedding day. It was beautiful and perfect. The weather was a gift and the whole ceremony and reception was so much fun. I was so blessed. Abba was so good. Grandma would of just loved to have seen it.

This event is happy and sad for me all at the same time, that seems strange doesn't it but I think that other mom's understand exactly how I felt. Let me explain, as I watched him walk down the isle with his bride after they were married, I thought how he walked into the ceremony with me on his arm and seated me and then took his vows to Megan then walked out with her on his arm...(he walked in with his mama, just like how we started his life then he walked out with the woman he will spend the rest of his life with). It was very emotional for me. I am so blessed to see Abba's plan for Corey. It amazes me, truly. I give the LORD thanks for this blessing, Abba's plan for a man to be joined with his wife and to become one has taken place for Corey and Megan right before my eyes.

Welcome to our crazy family Megan. I am thrilled to have you for my D-I-L! May you both be inscribed and sealed in the book of life for a life of goodness and health.

We were so blessed to share this day with you both.

Love, me


Here's a pic of Corey and I standing in the archway. Corey walked me to my chair to the song, "Simple Man". It's a song from a Mama to her special son. I love that song and it is my ringtone for Corey on my cell!! I love that they chose it for him to walk me down the isle with. I am still crying (for joy).

Corey is so special to me. We have been through so many things in our lives together. I was such a young, dumb Mama thankfully we had our Heavenly Father looking out for us and directing us.

Corey, you will always be the apple of my eye. I love you far beyond the spoken words, "I love you".

Here's the lyrics to the song, "Simple Man"

Mama told me when I was young, come sit beside me, my only son
and listen closely to what I say
and if you do, this will help you some sunny day

O take your time. Don't live too fast
troubles will come and they will pass
go find a woman and you'll find love
and don't forget there is someone up above

And be a simple kind of man
be something you love and understand
Baby, be a simple kind of man
O won't you do this for me son, if you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
all that you need is in your soul
you can do this, o baby, if you try
all that I want for you my son is to be satisfied

Boy don't you worry, you'll find yourself
follow your heart and nothing else
and you can do this, O baby, if you try
All that I want for you my son is to be satisfied

And be a simple kind of man
be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
O won't you do this for me my son, if you can?

Baby be a simple, be a simple man
be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man.

I love those words...yes, I know they are not all things to be said. I just love the heart of the Mama to direct her son who she loves so much, to love a simple life and remember the one above who gave it to you...

Love you Corey, I'm proud to be your Mama.

4ever, Mom

3 comments:

The Wilson's said...

I love the pics...it was such a nice day...could have been a little cooler...but hey...atleast it didn't rain or wasn't 100degrees!!! It went by too fast. now what am i going to do with my time!! lol

Traci said...

Hahaha! I wondered the same thing Megan!!

Traci said...

The Wilson's Said...Corey would kill us...but i'm bawling right along...i didn't know that was your ring tone for him...i just love that song. I don't have son...but these would be the words i would say. Glad to be apart of your family...don't worry...I'm crazy too..so I should fit right in:) --Meg
August 31, 2010 10:55 PM

Traci said...
Yip, I'm cryin' again. It's so cool you chose that song!

Yip, I'm glad too Megan, I told you...you're the one:)
September 1, 2010 10:57 AM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...