Thursday, February 24, 2011

Recipe Korner: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


Here is a recipe for Peanut butter Chocolate Chip (gluten free) cookies.  My neighbor (just down the road) over at lovemadetheradishgrow.blogspot.com posted this and since I am not a huge fan of flour or sugar really, I thought I'd give these a try.  Yes, they  do have sugar in them but at least it's not flour and sugar and we won't have them around all the time because the speak my name and invite me to eat them, over and over...who needs that kind of torture?!

Anywho, I made these and we all loved them so I thought I'd share because these are a worthy yummy for special occasions like Shabbat or gatherings or just to fill the occasional sweet tooth cravings.  Your guests will love 'em AND they are really easy.

On to the recipe:

Preheat your oven to 350*

1 c peanut butter (you can use whatever peanut butter you prefer, creamy or crunchy...I used creamy)
1 egg
1 c brown sugar (does not have to be packed)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Mix this all together well with your mixer.  Once mixed, add 1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
and fold those in well.

You may want to grease your cookie sheet.  Then use a rounded Tbsp. or a melon ball scoop to place them on the sheet.
Bake for about 10-13 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy.
(I doubled this recipe because I made it for Shabbat dinner and our study the next day with guests.)

Hope you have a great day and please enjoy your chocolate chip cookies responsibly!!

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...