Sunday, May 15, 2011

just for fun...Arts and Crafts

Here is an example (not the original) of the paper dolls B and I made.  This craft is so cute.  I didn't get a picture of the one we did...what was I thinking???  But I thought it really turned out cute.  We just used the colored tissue paper for the skirts since I didn't have any neat fabric leftovers here.  I have to say that I have really enjoyed doing these girlie crafts...remember, I'm a boy mama.  We do male oriented things here...nothing girlie!   So, I get to act like a girl again, that is good for me.  I guess Abba just knows doesn't He.

This is a penguin foot.  You ask, "What in the world is a penguin foot?"...

This is a penguin foot print.
Caleb helped me out painting B's foot.  He's a great helper for stuff like this:)  We pressed her painted foot on construction paper, then we added wiggly eyes and a beak and this is the penguin we got from her foot print.  She is painting the snow on the page with glitter.  When we got done, she painted her own penguin by hand and it was actually better than the one we did with her foot!   Again, no picture of her handmade art...Gramma's slackin'.
I have my days.

Just for fun:)

Have a blessed day!


4 comments:

Moira said...

Cute crafts, I love the penguin!! I am so glad to hear that you get to do girly things with B! What SPECIAL TIMES!!!! As you know I have two boys and one girl. I got to do all of the things with my daughter that I never did with my mom. Things like twirling, nails, dress up, store, barbies, hair styles. It wasn't that my mom wasn't around to do these things with me, it's that I was a late in life baby, and my mom was going through menopause, she always too TIRED, then she left my dad when I was 10 and left me too. From then on my mom and I really didn't have much of a relationship, until 3 years before she died. YHVH gave me the opportunity to make things right with her before she died, I am sooo grateful for this. Sorry to go tripping down memory lane~ but you are sooo right~YHVH knows what we need and when we need it!!!
Shalom sweet friend!!
Moira

Traci said...

Moira, I'm glad you were able to get things right with your mom. I know the things that happen in our families are sometimes the most difficult to get past. My family is really kind of a mess...it's a long story but It is wonderful when you get the opportunity to get relationships repaired. My mom left my Dad and I too when I was a baby but Abba met all my needs, He IS so good. I know He has taken good care of you too. Life can be so crazy but when you look back it is really amazing what you can see that Abba has done isn't it.

You are highly favored my friend!

Shalom friend:)

Moira said...

Traci~
Thank you for sharing what you did, I am so grateful for our friendship! It's ALL been for our good and HIS GLORY!!!
Shalom,
Moira

Peterson Party said...

Love the crafts. Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...